Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Jewelry displays

Share |
Now that I've got one wholesale show under my belt, I've gotten a pretty good idea about what I want to do for my next wholesale show in Las Vegas in June.  One of my plans is to make my own floor standing pedestal displays made from cardboard and medium density fiberboard (MDF).  I'm not necessarily a do-it-yourselfer, but I weigh the cost versus the time.  In this case, I figured I could get 4 to 6 pedestals for the price of buying one if I did it myself.

My research led to the websites of several large home improvement stores.  I found the MDF I wanted and it came in a 4 foot by 9 foot size.  "Great!" I thought to myself.  That will definitely be enough.  Got my wood working buddy to agree to cut it to size for me, so off I went to Lowe's.


When I got there, I asked for help finding the said 4 foot by 9 foot MDF.  As the very nice men at Lowe's took me there, I had this, "Oh my God, what was I thinking moment".  How the heck did I think I was going to get this home in my vehicle????  (Notice said piece of MDF in the picture.  It's huge!)

I looked at the two Lowe's guys and asked, "Can you guys cut this?"  In a rather confident, respectful tone, one of them answered, "Ma'am, we're Lowes."

Yeah, I should have know they could do it.






So the very nice sales associates at Lowe's cut up my MDF (and thought I was a whack job for taking pictures too).










In the end, I have enough pieces to do 6 pedestals.  Next on the to do list for this project is to order the cardboard. 

Stay tuned......



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails