Monday, January 04, 2010

Brrr....this cold weather

Share |
So I have taken some ribbing from other friends this week when they hear me mention that "it's cold". They remind me I live in Florida, so how bad can it be? I counter that any day I can't wear flip-flops is a tragedy. (tongue in cheek of course) I must admit that I when I moved to Florida 12 years ago, I didn't think I would still be here. Funny how that works out.

So I thought I would also share another use for art show tents and canopies. With the cold this week, I couldn't take the chance of my orange tree freezing, so I've covered it with the tent and have a light inside to generate some heat. I'm not a horticulturist by any means, but this tree and I have a nice little relationship. He provides me with orange juice once a year, so the least I can do is help to keep him warm on the really cold Florida nights.

(For perspective, the tent is 10 feet tall in the center.)


This is my tree from the inside. He fills it up pretty well; we had to tuck several branches inside. There's not much room to sell jewelry!











The oranges have been turning color for the last month. They won't be ready until the first of March or so. These are Satsuma oranges, which are juice oranges. (They are thin-skinned and don't peel well.) I generally pick them off as I need them. We're lucky to have fresh juice daily for about 2 to 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails