Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Karma

Share |
Okay, so it's been a while since I've posted (that will get discussed in tomorrow's post), but I wanted to share what I got for Christmas. This year, I put something on my list that I would never buy myself, but thought maybe my Secret Santa would. Luckily, I guessed right.

I wanted a cake pan in the shape of a bread slice.

Uh, really? Like why would you want something like that? 

Maybe because my kids have taught me that you can never have too much fun with your food.

Every January 1, we celebrate Kitty Karma's birthday.  What better than to use the new cake pan to make a pumpernickel and mayonnaise look alike sandwich?


 I completely cheated and used a box cake mix.  (and remembered why I quit using them to begin with -- they taste like the box they came in)












The finished cake will come out looking like a slice of bread.












Finished chocolate cake:  very poofy in the middle.  It also took about twice as long to cook as a regular round or sheet cake pan.









I used a long serrated edge knife to cut off the poof and slice the cake in half.











And here's the best part:  the cream cheese icing.  (I did make that.  My icing beats anything in a can.)



So three little boys sang Kitty Karma 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' and I think she thought she was going to get whacked with a beater.  I tried to tell her she had nothing to worry about as long as there was still icing on them.  (No little boys were going to waste icing.)

In case you're curious, Karma turned six.  She asks that you do not send gifts, but instead make a donation to your favorite charity (or buy some of her mom's jewelry)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails