Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My visit to McIntyre Stained Glass Studio and Art Gallery.

Share |
One of the art galleries that sells my jewelry locally is McIntyre Stained Glass Studio and Art Gallery.  I have known artists and owners Mike and Mary McIntyre for several years.  They are very talented in of themselves and are great to work with from an artist's standpoint.  I dropped off some new jewelry the other day and thought I would take a few pictures while I was there to share with blog readers.


Their space is divided into two areas.  The back half of the store is their studio space.  This is where they cut and assemble their stained glass pieces.










I am always impressed with how organized and clean their studio space is.  Their glass pieces are always organized and they have everything within easy reach.











I have never taken a stained glass making class, but can appreciate the work that goes into creating a piece.  This is one of their commissions in progress.









The front half of the store is the gallery space.  They pride themselves with only displaying and selling art from local artists.










My youngest son happened to be with me as I was making my jewelry delivery.  Much to my amazement, he was not interested at all in touching anything.  Phew!









While it's a small store space, everything is displayed very tastefully.  Shoppers should not have the feeling of being overwhelmed with all the art.










These are some of my new scrabble tile resin pendants in their display case. 








I try to have a varied jewelry assortment there so patrons looking for a unique jewelry gift can have a variety to pick from.











Of course they have their own finished stained glass pieces as well.  They also have an assortment of sizes and styles of stained glass available.











Their shop is open six days a week and other times by appointment.  They are also a regular participant of the Uptown Art Hop.








For anyone interested in stained glass making classes, they do teach from their studio.  I don't know the specifics, but Mike and Mary will be happy to help you get registered.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails