Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pictures of my local bead shop

Share |
 I took my new silver earrings class examples by Gifts of Avalon, Gainesville, Florida, on Monday.  Since I know I have readers from all over the world, I thought it might be fun to post some pictures and hear comments about how this bead store is alike or different from yours.

They always have a large rack of books available for purchase.  The latest beading magazines are usually there too.










 There is a HUGE selection of beads!  Shoppers can purchase them as singles, strung, or as "hanks".











The glass counter here has the class examples for the upcoming months.  I'm not the only who teaches jewelry making there.  There are several other local jewelry artists who teach bead weaving, glass fusing and other metalsmithing techniques.







Gifts of Avalon also has a nice selection of semi precious stone beads.  There is a nice assortment of colors, shapes and sizes.











A closeup of of some turquoise, sugilite, jasper and coral beads.












How can you make beaded jewelry without metal findings?  Trick question!  This is a picture of some of the large trays of copper and bronze beads.  There are sterling silver beads for sale as well.









 Sometimes store owners, Trude Spillane and Rhonda Bergman, buy beads in bulk.  They will repackage them into smaller containers for sale at a bargain price.














Currently, Gifts of Avalon does sell beads and jewelry making items on their website.  There store has a lot of inventory, so I would even recommend you to call if you don't find what you're looking for on their jewelry store site. 

Does this look anything like your favorite bead shop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails