Monday, August 09, 2010

Making resin jewelry bracelets, Part 7

Share |
(Read part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5, and part 6 of the resin jewelry making process)

Now that I've got the individual pieces sanded and drilled, it's time to assemble and polish the pieces.



These are the bracelet links I'm going to use.  It's just a random, complimentary assortment of the links.











I line them up in the order that I like.  For the most part, it's random, but I try to make sure I don't have all the same paper patterns next to each other.  I try to mix it up.









 I thread my stretch plastic cord through the holes.  Remember how I was being so  particular about making sure the drilled holes were free of shavings?  This is why.  I can't thread the plastic through if anything is in the way.








I have the first set of holes threaded.  Now I go back and do the second set.











Once I have the cord strung through both sides, I tie a square knot into each piece.










After trimming the ends of the cord, I give the bracelet one last good shine with some wax. 













This is it!  Can you believe it's finally done?










So here's the question I need answered from fans and visitors:

After seeing the posts on how to make this bracelet and seeing the finished resin bracelet above, what would you expect to pay for a piece of art jewelry like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails