Thursday, April 14, 2011

Technology - love it or hate it? take it or leave it?

Share |
*This post is a part of the Thursday rant series, a tongue in cheek look at my life.*

My rant for this week is that I couldn't write last week's rant because my computer was, well, ... "ill".  Apparently all the dust and stuff that flies around my house and studio had piled up on the inside like a Colorado avalanche and had brought things to a almost grinding halt.  Add to that my (mostly unintentional) neglect of using an air can to blast it out from time to time, and a trip to the computer care place was needed.

Things break.  Things need maintenance.  I get it.  What I don't like is that I've come to depend on something so much that it wrecks havoc with my business when I don't have it.  Like I found a box of checks and bank statements from 19 years ago (yeah, don't even ask me why they had been moved four times and were hiding in my garage) where I had reconciled the account by hand.  Seriously?  No way I could do that now. 

Not really me eating my computer, but apparently shows that you can use it for dental floss in the case that it quits working.
Anyway, the computer is back and functional.  It's lightnin' fast...(thanks guys).  Phew.  Glad to be back in the 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails