Friday, October 16, 2009

Creating the new resin jewelry

Share |
There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes with making this new line of jewelry (or most anything I suppose for that matter). I want to share some pictures over the next few blog posts on how this jewelry happens.

To make this particular line of resin jewelry, I start with the end in mind. I will take modeling clay and make it into the shape I want my final pieces to look like.

Left: Modeling clay -- rather stiff, doesn't dry out quickly














Left: I'm making a "bullet" shape here. These pieces are done by hand. I've used wax too.















Left: A dish full of bullets. Next step is to bake in the oven for a few.












Next post: Using the clay pieces to make the mold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails