Thursday, March 03, 2011

Maybe why artists struggle as business people

Share |
*This is a part of the Thursday rant series, a tongue and cheek look at my life.*

I wish someone would have sent me a memo when your words became worthless.  It certainly would have saved me a lot of time.

I won't get into the details, but I've been working with someone on an art project that requires me to pay her for her services.  What do they call that?   .........  Oh yeah, BUSINESS!  

We agreed that she would make X and I would pay her Y.  So what's a business woman to do when she misquoted her X and I'm still insisting I'm only paying Y?

You pull up the proof. 

Two emails later (where she wrote in HER OWN WORDS that she agrees to X for Y), she's still saying she can't do it for X.

Here's my question:  Do you think I would get arrested for trying to smack some sense into her?

I mean COME ON!.  I hear artists whine that they can't make a living making their art.  Want to consider that it might be something to do with your inept business skills?

I'm curious to hear what others have to say.  I can't be the only one to have had this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails