Monday, January 03, 2011

New Year's Resolutions and why I don't make them

Share |
I quit making new year's resolutions a few years ago.  I came to realize that anything truly important should be done before waiting for a new year to start.  Now, I'm not trying to disparage those that make new year's resolutions.  Certainly, you should do whatever works for you.  In my case, they just aren't a good fit.

Since I have been on Twitter, I have followed Chris Brogan (@chrisbrogan) and his tweets about business and social media. Instead of doing new year's resolutions, he starts his new year with 3 words to focus on.  I rather like that idea and am going to give a try for my resin jewelry business for 2011.

My three words in no particular order of importance:

Delegate.  If I want my business to grow the way I hope it will, I can't do it all myself.  I'm going to have to delegate some tasks to others within my studio or hire outside help.

Innovate.  What is something really special that my customers are wanting that they don't have?  What would really make them say, "Oh I have to have one of those!!".  (Suggestions can be left in the comment section below.)

Collaborate.  I have spoken with a few other artists about doing a couple of collaborative projects.  I'm not revealing any details as not to spoil the surprise, but I think it will be pretty neat (and may crossover into the word above.)

What are you focusing on for 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails