Friday, September 30, 2011

My visit to Georgetown Cupcake

Share |
I had to go to Washington, D.C., for the day last week for a non-profit group I'm involved with. I had a couple of hours from the time my flight arrived until I needed to be at the purpose of my visit, so I met a friend for a bit of indulgence (and pre-event carbohydrate loading).


My friend picked me up at the airport and we went to Georgetown Cupcake.  In case it looks familiar, this is the cupcake bakery from the TLC show "DC Cupcakes".  Kinda neat how it looked just like it does on the show.  We were both fortunate that we didn't have to wait in line long at all to place our orders.  My only complaint is that there is very limited seating to sit and eat your cupcakes at the bakery.  We got ours to go and went to a group of tables around the corner.









My friend got four cupcakes in a cute pink to go box.  (She didn't think she could get away with going and not bringing any home to her family.)  I had already forewarned mine that there was NO chance that cupcakes would be coming back on a plane.














So what did I get?  I got the red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting.  My take:  the cake was good.  Not great, but good.  The frosting, however, was KILLER.  Sweet, tangy, and perfect for the cake.  I would definitely do this one again.  (but who knows when that will be.)

Have any of you been?  What is your favorite cupcake (from here or any of your other favorite bakeries)?



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails