Tuesday, October 04, 2011

New resin project

Share |
What happens when you hoard stuff without knowing what you're going to do with it, only to find it years later and have the perfect idea?

Pure.  Dumb.  Luck.

I found this stash of bottle caps that I have had so long I can't even remember why I started saving them to begin with.  Ah, another lovely way to capture resin.

I amaze myself sometimes.


So here they are.  A lonely pile of bottle caps.  They thought their days of being fun and interesting were over.


So this part was the biggest problem.  How to get those little plastic inserts out of the caps?  Otherwise, the papers wouldn't lie flat.

The answer:  industrial strength acetone.  Let it soak for a few minutes, then pull out with tweezers (which I was worried about putting through my hand at some point).

Here they are now -- nice and clean.  Some of them got scratched getting the plastic out, but it's no big deal.  It will be covered up by the paper.



I put cute paper in the bottle caps and sealed them like I do the scrabble pendants.


So what are these going to be?  You'll just have to wait.  :)  That will be another forthcoming blog post.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails