Tuesday, October 18, 2011

An art career in 15 minutes a day

Share |
I follow the art business blog of Alyson B. Stanfield.  If you're an artist, regardless of the media, I think you can find value in the information she shares.  One of my favorite blog posts to this day, is her post encouraging artists to spend at least 15 minutes a day on their art.  Ever since hearing that post as a podcast on my iPod, I make it a point to do just that.  I try work on the part of my art daily that energizes me:  pouring resin, working with digital art, planning colors, or anything similar.  It's a bit crazy in my house so I don't always get it done, but I aim to do something fun with the art daily.  It keeps me connected and focused on my art and quite frankly, gives me some sanity in this crazy circus of my house.

I would challenge you (even if you're not artists) to find something that energizes you and do it for 15 minutes every day.  (and comment below on what that is.  I'm eager to find out what energizes YOU.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails