Monday, October 10, 2011

Share |
Our new babysitter (whom we just ADORE) is a recent transplant from Colorado to Florida.  She asked the other day if this (picture at left) was an orange tree.  I said it was then realized it would be fun to share more pictures of my lovely little tree since it had been awhile since I had shown the green golf balls.

It's a little hard here to get the perspective of the tree.  He's probably about 8 feet tall and 6 feet wide.  (The top gets lost in the oak tree behind it in this picture).

The oranges are now about the size of tennis balls.  They might grow a little bit more, but not much.

The orange tree leaves are shiny on one side and dull on the other.  The limbs have some sharp points too.  I suppose the word would be thorns wouldn't it?

If this orange was orange and not green, wouldn't it be perfect just to put the straw in and suck it up??

As I was getting pictures, I noticed this orange was bursting with excitement.  Literally.  I've never opened up an orange this early, but it looks pale orange inside.  Not quite appetizing yet.

These should all be ready for juice in February.  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails