Friday, October 07, 2011

The jewelry making books in my library

Share |
I've decided we all have something we hoard.  I just try to hoard stuff that's worthwhile (at least to me anyway).  In looking at my bookcase this week, I decided I am a jewelry book hoarder.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE buying jewelry books.  Designing jewelry.  Making jewelry.  Fixing jewelry.  History of jewelry.  and on and on and on.  I love reading about 42 different ways to make the same bezel.  I love looking at a piece of jewelry and trying to figure out how the artist made it.  I love looking at others designs and wonder how I can make it better.  *smile*

 I have books on everything.  Even stuff I haven't done yet.  (but intend to sometime before I die)

You can learn so much just by reading.   It's a great way of introducing yourself to techniques and sparking ideas in where you want to go next.

I've even got a few business planning books too.  Reading business information is my other obsession.

I have a rule that all my books have to fit in one bookcase.  As you can see, I make the most of all the space I can.










Sometimes the books don't even have to be 'how to' books.  I love looking at designs from different periods in time and looking at the jewelry art of contemporary artists.

What jewelry books do you have on your shelf?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails