Thursday, July 14, 2011

I don't want to speak with someone in middle India!

Share |
*This is a part of the Thursday rant series, a tongue in cheek look at my life.*

When are businesses going to learn that a person with limited English skills from halfway around the world does not make good customer service?!?

I need to freight some materials up north.  I won't get into why, but I've been researching freight options since it's too big to go as a typical package.  A few of the online websites that I have tried to get quotes from require a customer service representative to call me back.

Ok, fine.

When the phone rang the other day, with one of the "customer service reps", this is what I got:

(From this point forward, it might make more sense if you read this aloud)

"Hell-o.  Katureen?  I am Mee-Linda from (x company).  I want help you sheep your package."

The 45 minute conservation of me trying to explain the three scenarios I wanted prices for eventually came to this response:

"Yes, Katureen.  I understand you want to ship package to Pin-sill-vane-e-ah.  I can help you with that."

NO YOU'RE NOT!  YOU ARE P*SSING ME OFF!

My response?

Click.

When are these companies going to get it?  I have been around the block a time or two on these people.  They aren't listening at all.  (Kind of difficult when you're only reading from a script.)  Have you ever tried asking them something they don't have a written script for (like in this case)?

Rest assured that when I finally get my day on QVC selling my jewelry, I will never allow my beloved customers have their phone calls sent to some call center anywhere near India.  My promise to you.  *smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails