Thursday, July 28, 2011

Who is doing 45 in the hammer lane?

Share |
*This is a part of the Thursday rant series, a tongue in cheek look at my life.*

Not really my car, but something tells me I would like driving this one.
There's a section of 4 lane highway north of Gainesville that I drive regularly.  When I've got my kids with me, I am definitely the high school, driver's ed, my parents are watching me, state cop is behind my car, defensive driver.  Very careful.  Speed limit.  Signals.  Both hands at 10 and 2. 

When it's just me....

Watch out.  I'm a bat out of hell.  Running behind.  Mashing the accelerator.  Burning fossil fuel.

It seems that when I'm in 'bat out of hell' mode, AND on this section of road, I run into someone going 10 miles under the speed limit in the left lane.  EVERY time.  I don't run into this on other roads or even the interstate.  If I didn't know better, I would say I died and this is my eternity now.  I'm sure this is a sign to leave the house earlier or get back into old lady sitting on a phone book to see over the steering wheel mode, but I'm not listening. 

Good thing I watch NASCAR with my boys.  Picked up a few driving tips to deal with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails