Friday, July 01, 2011

Compaq laptop purchase

Share |
If you remember from a few months ago, I was lamenting over whether or not I should get a new laptop computer or a tablet.  I was getting ready to travel and knew I not only needed internet access, but I needed to be able to capture credit card information for jewelry sales.  I thought my old Dell laptop (6 or 7 years old) would make it, but everything had gotten so grindingly S   L   O   W, that I knew I needed something pronto.  I had done a little research on the websites of the major office supply retailers, but decided I needed to work them in person.

I ended up getting an "el cheapo" (about $300) Compaq laptop.  I looked at the Blackberry Playbook and one of the new Samsung tablets, but decided the laptop was a better fit for me because:

  • Integrated keyboard.  While I love the touch screen, sometimes I just need to type REALLY fast (like this blog post).
  • I needed to print receipts.  There wasn't an easy way (that I could tell anyway) to print out documents or receipts.
  • The laptop is faster.  I didn't necessarily figure that out until the salesperson told me.
I think a tablet is still pretty neat additional to my arsenal, but it's going to have to wait until after a new camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails