Saturday, July 03, 2010

Making resin jewelry bracelets, Part 2

Share |
Part 2 of the resin bracelet making process

So now that I've placed the first coat of the sealant on the paper, it's time for me to cut.  For these resin bracelets, I need 5/8 inch squares.  I cut a 5/8 inch paper strip using a ruler and an exacto knife.






I then cut the strip into 5/8 inch squares using a T-square and an exacto knife.  (Don't forget to use newspaper or some other padding under your blade or you will make marks into the surface you're cutting on.)







 


You can see now that I have a bunch of squares in the paper pattern I've previously sealed.



 








I don't like the "sharp" corners on the squares, so I round the edges off with scissors.

You can see the finished squares here.  The top ones will be used.  The bottom ones are shown before the edges get rounded off.


The next step is to reseal them again with the decoupage glue.

Check back next week for the next step!

In case you missed it, Part 1 of the resin jewelry bracelet making process

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails