Monday, May 30, 2011

Mixing the perfect resin color

Share |
Now that I'm in overdrive getting resin and pewter jewelry pieces finished to take to the ACRE Las Vegas show this week (yes, this week!), I experimented a little with getting some unique colors.  I broke out my handy, dandy color wheel and started mixing.  Here's what I got:


I got a "baby blue" (far left), lavender (middle left), and "mud" (left).  I was trying to get a warm, red undertone, fuschia.










The baby blue isn't bad.  I'm not a pastel person, but I think if you're are, you will like the color.











I liked the lavender color.  It wasn't next on my list to create, but I went ahead and used it anyway.











This is actually what happened first.  MUD.  Ugly, mud.  I poured it in a couple of pieces before I decided I absolutely hated it.










For some strange reason, I couldn't bear to pour it in the garbage, so I put it in one of my silicone resin molds.  Still hate it.









So after three tries of getting the fuschia I wanted, I decided to hit the internet to find something that would help me get the color I wanted. 

I love wikipedia.

I found an article on Wiki How on How to Mix Colors.  I was skeptical, but decided I couldn't do any worse than I already had done.


Eureka!  I have my fuschia!  (and while I was on a roll, I went for a nice teal too.)











This is exactly the color I wanted.  I was mixing purple, blue and red, when in reality, I had to mix a bright pink with turquoise.  Go figure.










The teal came from mixing the turquoise with just an eensy, teensy bit of yellow.  Love how this one turned out too.


These colors will be ready to sand tomorrow night and will be heading out West with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails