Wednesday, February 09, 2011

A virtual art gallery tour

Share |
Have you seen the Art Project by Google yet?  This thing is cool.  It's a compilation of over a dozen of the worlds' greatest museums and their art. Users can "tour" the museums just as if they were there in person. You can also zoom in on a painting to get more information, or can view videos about the piece on You Tube.

I love how it feels like I'm there and it satisfies my need to get right up on a painting and look at the brush strokes.  (I love thinking about the techniques.)  Yeah - you could lick them if you wanted to - something you can't obviously do in the museum.  It doesn't replace going there in person, but it's a pretty neat alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails