Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Forged metal bracelet jewelry making class

Share |
I had the pleasure of teaching another jewelry making class at Gifts of Avalon this past Monday night.  I had two class regulars and two complete newbies to my class.  This class was forging metal with a hammer and block to create a cuff bracelet.










This is Judy, who is one of my class regulars.  She is usually with her "partner in crime" Claudia, who actually had taken the class when I taught it in May.














This is Elaine, who had come from Ocala with her friend Debbie to take the class.


















Judy shows that as a part of hammering the bracelet to a half circle, it also makes a nice smile.















This is Elaine as she's finishing up her bracelet.  You can't tell from the picture, but she was absolutely determined to make that bracelet perfect.  A girl after my own heart!









This is Debbie's finished bracelet.  My photography skills don't allow you to truly appreciate the pinks, blues and golds she was able to get with a torch on this copper bracelet.  The colors really are beautiful.









Judy loved making her bracelet. She left a polished look to her copper bracelet and wore it home that night.  (I think she was happy not to have needed to use the jeweler's saw, but that's another story...)

Lastly is Jill, who has also taken several of my other classes.  She was the class "curve buster" and decided to make two bracelets in the class.  The one further down on her wrist is made of copper, while the other one is made of sterling silver.  She got a chance to use the propane torch and liver of sulfur to expand her metal coloring knowledge.






If you're interested in taking this class, drop me an email.  I schedule classes once a month based on what people are most interested in taking.











No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails