Friday, July 09, 2010

A new style resin jewelry pendant

Share |
If you're reading this hoping for the next step in the resin bracelet making process, it is still forthcoming.  I have a slight detour in the jewelry making series.

I blogged a few days ago about my visit to Yum Cupcakery in Gainesville, Florida.  The owners and I discussed if I could do a line of jewelry for them that would fit with their bakery.  I had an idea in mind and decided to go with it. 


This is a resin jewelry pendant with a cupcake image on the front of a scrabble tile.  The cupcake image was digitally created and printed onto high quality laser paper. 









The image is sealed with decoupage glue (just like the bracelets) then adhered to a scrabble tile.  Resin is placed on top and allowed to cure.











The pendant is finished with a silver tone bail that will allow most any chain, cord or ribbon to pass through the bail opening.  The pendant comes on a 24 inch, silver tone ball chain.  The chain can be cut to fit as desired.







This is just the first in the series of several cupcake styles.  I will post pictures of new pendants along with the resin bracelets also in process next week on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from any and all with a comment, however I have had to moderate comments due to the amount of spam that was getting posted. Thank you for being understanding of my SPAM free zone policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails